PDA

View Full Version : cannot get rid of error message

dschmitt
07-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I developed an Excel addin that functions perfectly on many computers. However, one computer gives me an error message that I can't get rid off. This error is related to the customUI I created. It appears at Excel startup. But despite the error the UI and the macros work with no problem. Does anybody know how to get rid of the error? I attached a jpg file showing the error message and below is the customUI code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbon>
<tabs>
<tab id="customTab1" label="Pub tracking" insertAfterMso="TabAcrobat">
<group id="customGroup1" label="Import Scopus CSVs">
<button id="customButton1" label="Import" size="large" onAction="RoutineMain2" imageMso="PivotExportToExcel" screentip="Import Scopus publications" supertip="Imports or add Scopus publications from csv(s) file"/>
<button id="customButton2" label="Sort Y/C" size="normal" onAction="YearCitSort2" screentip="Sort by year then by citation"/>
<button id="customButton3" label="Sort ABC" size="normal" onAction="AlphSort2" screentip="Sort by author names"/>
<dialogBoxLauncher>
<button id="customLauncher1" screentip="Click for instructions" supertip = "Copyright: Detlef Schmitt 2010" onAction="InstructionsScopus2"/>
</dialogBoxLauncher>
</group>

<group id="customGroup2" label="Misc" insertAfterMso="customGroup1">
<button id="customButton4" label="GetLink" size="large" onAction="GetHyperlink2" imageMso="HyperlinkInsert" />
<dialogBoxLauncher>
<button id="customLauncher2" screentip="Click for instructions" supertip = "Copyright: Detlef Schmitt 2010" onAction="InstructionsMisc2"/>
</dialogBoxLauncher>
</group>

</tab>
</tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

Aussiebear
07-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Just to clarify, is the customUI code from the effected computer or from yours?

dschmitt
07-08-2011, 03:44 AM
The customUI is the same on all computers.

I created a few macros bundled in one xlam file which are executed via a customUI. The customUI in the xlam file creates an additional tab in the Excel menubar. Therefor, the customUI is an essential part of the Excel add-in. As I said before, this add-in is used by many users but only one user gets this error message. Strangely, I have several users that have exactly the same PC and do not see this error. These are company computers. Therefor even the software on all is almost equal.

Aflatoon
07-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Does the one with the problem have the 'Show add-in user interface errors' option checked in the Advanced section of Excel Options?

Paul_Hossler
07-08-2011, 06:55 AM
the only thing I recognize is the ID: customGroup1

Can you post/attach the XML?

Paul

Paul_Hossler
07-08-2011, 08:37 AM
duh -- I was so interested in the error msgbox, I missed what was right in front on my nose, but maybe you need to just delete the insertAfterMso in

<group id="customGroup2" label="Misc">

Paul

Edit #3 (Paul's having a very bad day)

Aussiebear
07-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Edit #3 (Paul's having a very bad day)

So you are human after all? :devil2:

Paul_Hossler
07-09-2011, 03:56 AM
:Thinkingo

There have been rumors to that affect

Iusuallyjustblamethedarnkeyboard

Paul
:beerchug:

Jan Karel Pieterse
07-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Can you please translate the error dialog? My greek isn't what it used to be :-)

Normall, if you get a UI error, the customUI fails to load entirely, so I am wondering what goves.

shrivallabha
07-09-2011, 05:08 AM
The message is in Japanese, I think.
On second thoughts, if it is way of saying things then sorry for this stupid post :bug:

jolivanes
07-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Could be Double Dutch