PDA

View Full Version : connetct own help file in excelVBA function addina

Gentile
07-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi!

I have computed an Excel VBA function as an add in for Excel 2003 and 2008. I also did an own help file with the extensions *.HLP and *.chm.
How can I connect my help files with the link "help to this function" in the window which appears after activating the add in function (fuction arguments)?

Thanks

Brandtrock
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Check this out

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

Gentile
07-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Many thanks to this useful hint

Gentile

Gentile
07-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Unfortunately it is not exactly what I was looking for

I was hoping I could change the "No help available" text, displayed in the "Function Arguments" dialog box that pops up when accessing the user define function

Brandtrock
07-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I didn't have bunches of time yesterday but on Laurent's site somewhere is the way to incorporate your own help files into Excel. Maybe this weekend I will have some more time to figure out where I found it. He has a lot of information in his French language pages so it may have been there.

Gentile
07-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Brandtrock,

I am not familiar with this forum but if you are willing to send me an answer I am waiting for it.

Gentile

Brandtrock
07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, I am not as much help as I hoped.

Went to the site and downloaded the demo file but my computers use Vista and that is an issue for .hlp files like his demo uses. Haven't got the time to look into this further right now as I am in the middle of trying to get a new business going.

I will look at it again in the next week or so but for now, I am gonna have to defer to the other members here and hope someone will look into this for/with you.

Regards,

Gentile
07-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi Brandtrock,

thank you for your efforts.

Gentile