PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Go To Previous Worksheet / Go To Next Worksheet

Anne Troy
06-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I want to place textboxes called "Previous" and "Next" and put them on my worksheet. I want to assign macros to them to just go to the previous or next worksheet, regardless of which worksheet I'm on, so I can just copy and paste them onto all worksheets.

This is for an article I'm writing for www.officearticles.com (http://www.officearticles.com), by the way. :)

lucas
06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Anne,
Try this, it may be what your looking for. Its set up for form buttons now but all you have to do is add the textboxes from the forms toolbar and assign the macro's. You can copy and paste any sheet except the first and last to add sheets to the workbook.

Anne Troy
06-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Exactly what I needed. Thanks! (Can you add that to the KB, Steve?)

lucas
06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I would be glad to Anne

Bob Phillips
06-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Exactly what I needed. Thanks! (Can you add that to the KB, Steve?)

Why noy just use Ctrl_PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown?

Anne Troy
06-30-2005, 03:51 AM
'Cause that's not the point. :)

Anyway, here's the article:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/tips_to_a_cool_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm

Bob Phillips
06-30-2005, 04:35 AM
'Cause that's not the point. :)

Anyway, here's the article:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/tips_to_a_cool_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm

It must be me then that just can't see the point of building a function that is already incorporated :bug:

Anne Troy
06-30-2005, 04:40 AM
It's been a long time since you were a Luser, huh, Bob? :)

Bob Phillips
06-30-2005, 05:45 AM
It's been a long time since you were a Luser, huh, Bob? :)

Guess so, but there is still education. If they can't grasp a concept like that, best not to let them near a spreadsheet,

Anne Troy
06-30-2005, 05:49 AM
Actually... when creating applications, we don't always want it to LOOK like Excel or even WORK like Excel. Sometimes, we're yanking toolbars and formula bars out and everything, and we can't always count on the user a) knowing the shortcut keys and b) using them and c) remembering them if we DO teach them

Bob Phillips
06-30-2005, 05:55 AM
Actually... when creating applications, we don't always want it to LOOK like Excel or even WORK like Excel. Sometimes, we're yanking toolbars and formula bars out and everything, and we can't always count on the user a) knowing the shortcut keys and b) using them and c) remembering them if we DO teach them

Anne,

We are probably way off topic now, so I will make this my last response.

I have often heard about people wanting to not make it like Excel. My question then is why use Excel then.

And if they can't remember, as I said before, don't let them near the app. Hard I know, but it's a hard world :devil:

Anne Troy
06-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Why use Excel? Because it's a lot more expensive to write a VB app.

I SELL solutions, I don't use them. I have nothing to say about who goes near the app. You got lucky, LOL. Karen understands a lot about code--she's not a Luser.

:)