PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Have any of you experienced this problem with excel?

Shaolin
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
I linked data from one spreadsheet to another spreadsheet, which is the Master. However, in ONE column the Master takes in some of the information and somehow decides to ignore the other part in the same cell.

In other words, if I have a cell that reads "I went for a walk outside and I met Jessica Alba. She gave me her number and a kiss with her sexy lips and whispered "call me" in my ear. Now I know I can die a happy man." This cell is linked to the Master spreadsheet and it only pulls "I went for a walk outside." As you can see I am getting annoyed cause it ignores the most important information. Fortunately, this actually didn't happen (like I had to tell you). But the information that it not "pulled" is the more important issue.

Norie
06-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Are you sure it isn't 'pulling' all the data?

Have you checked the formatting?

What is displayed in the formula bar when you press F9 to evaluate the formula?

Shaolin
06-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Are you sure it isn't 'pulling' all the data?

Have you checked the formatting?

What is displayed in the formula bar when you press F9 to evaluate the formula?

The formula is fine. That is the weird part. How does it take half the information and ignore the other half? It's really just a few cells, about 40 cells of a possible 25,000. The bad thing is I have to search for them.

The formula would be "='L:\AEFA 2005\RESTAURANT LISTS\PHASE 2 LISTS\[New York Metro.xls]Nassau County'!L5" This is actually one real example of one of the cells that pulls half the information and not the other half. it only occurs in column L and that is one of the more important, if not most important column. Murphy, I hate ya.

Norie
06-30-2005, 07:45 AM
So what happens when you use F9 in the formula bar to evaluate the formula?

Shaolin
06-30-2005, 07:49 AM
So what happens when you use F9 in the formula bar to evaluate the formula?

it changes to #REF