PDA

View Full Version : Opening other programs

Slim8589
06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Next up is how can I get vba to open Entourage and send an email with an attached worksheet?

I used to do it to send an absence list from my register to the correct Head of Year within the school. Sadly I have lost all the code I used as it was on a Windows version of Excel and worked with Outlook.

Anyone know how to do it?

shades
06-30-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking that AppleScript might be the way to handle that, perhaps calling this macro from within it. BlueCactus might have a better approach.

BlueCactus
06-30-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking that AppleScript might be the way to handle that, perhaps calling this macro from within it. BlueCactus might have a better approach.
Yeah, that would be my best bet. I don't have time to work through Entourage (as an Apple Mail user), but fortunately the Great Google delivers a page which I think has an answer that you'll like:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/excel/macexcelsendmail.html

Incidentally, a little checking around reveals that....
* Excel VBA's SendMail is not supported on Mac.
* The 'Send To' command on the File menu is not recordable.
* The Services --> Mail --> Send To command is unavailable in Excel.
* Entourage does not support VBA.

So, the AppleScript approach is probably the only reasonable bet (for either Entourage or Apple Mail).

Slim8589
07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks I'll check that out, have to use entourage as apple mail won't work at work, as it is I had to circumnavigate a few things to get entourage to work without having to go through terminal server.
It's times like this that I wish I had a PC laptop instead! (Heresy I know)

shades
07-01-2005, 03:34 PM
It's times like this that I wish I had a PC laptop instead! (Heresy I know)

Nah, you don't ever want to have that "wish". :bug:

Of course, next year you will at least get the Intel side of it.