PDA

View Full Version : Lock Ranges (Excel 2007)

xlfan2007
08-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello All,

This site has been of a great resource for rookies like me..
My new probelm is something like this...

I use Tabel feature(Ctrl+T) in Excel 2007 with recurring data entry and is shared with many on a network.
My table has formulae which are not to be modified, but unknowingly many of my coleagues modify them without any/my knowledge ruining the purpose of automisation.Please help me with a setup of coding for.....(representative file attached)

In the SETUP tab of my attachment, if I check the checkbox in A representing the fields listed in B
The Table ranges of the table in the SALES tab should be locked with no access to modify.
for this sheet, value & grand total ranges must be locked with formulae.I tried to protect the sheet, which disallowed me or my friends to expand for further data entry.

Also, I need the SETUP tab to be locked and accessed only with a password for customisation.Kindly, source the code for setuping on various other workbooks relating to my work.

Thank you!

:help :help

Bob Phillips
08-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Try this, password is password

xlfan2007
08-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Dear xld,
Thank you!

it seems the...

formula cells are protected by default
Other fields are open and locked on selection
the sheet seems to be protected, disallowing new entries.I may not be clear, I want..

SETUP worksheet to be always locked and enabled with a password entry only.
I like to have the right to decide,
weather the checked range from the is SETUP worksheet opens the range for editing or not.
Even if one range is open for editing, the table need to expand fro newentry.Please help me with this.
Thank you very much for all the support.:friends:

Bob Phillips
08-12-2011, 05:34 AM
So what does my example do/not do that you want otherwise?

xlfan2007
08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Dear Mentor,

in the example, the sale worksheet is protecting/locking when any kind of configuration is made in SETUP worksheet which is in return not allowing me to enter new data unless i unlock it with "password"

Setup file can be accessed. it is to be password protected for any unauthorized configuration.

xlfan2007
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
please help me with this!
the solution given is not working as expected.

xlfan2007
08-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Please help me!