PDA

View Full Version : Convert Multiple Reports to PDF using VBA

mcintyrera
08-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Is there a way to convert multiple PDF reports into one multi page report using VB, instead of manually doing it in the Acrobat menu? I haven't found anything on it, but I'm sure it can be done.I am using Access 2007 with Acrobat 9 Professional.Thanks in advance.Bob

HiTechCoach
08-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Are you are wanting to use automation with Acrobat?

If yes, have you looked at the Acrobat SDK?

mcintyrera
08-29-2011, 05:07 AM
HiTechCoach,Here's what I'm trying to do. I 'am working in Access 2007. I have generated 2 Access reports that I want to convert into one Acrobat PDF and then E-mail to recipients. I can do this manually by clicking on "Acrobat" in the Access Menu Bar and then select "Convert Multiple Reports", select the reports to convert and then email to recipients. What I want to do is automat this procedure using VBA.I hope this makes it more clear.V/RBob

HiTechCoach
08-29-2011, 07:59 AM
What you have described sure sounds like Acrobat Automation to me. I would recommend checking out the Acrobat SDK.

I have tried to automate Acrobat. at the time Adobe did not offer very good support or an SDK. I have seen that they do now. You might also want to look on Planet PDF (Click Here) (http://www.planetpdf.com/)

I create PDf's without using an Acrobat. Microsoft Office Access 2007/2010 now have the built-in ability to save a report as a PDF. You could use this feature to send an email with multiple attachments.

If you must combine the PDFs into a single PDF that can be done using this free tool: Report To PDF (http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm) I use this tool a lot with Access 2003 and 2007

mcintyrera
08-29-2011, 08:36 AM
HiTechCoach,I tried "Planet PDF ", selected the 2 PDF files and it told me there was an HTML Error.I tried the "Report To PDF" and got an error on "A2000ReportToPDF" that the web page could not be displayed. (Possable restriction here at work) I will try it again when I get home. Thanks again for the advice.V/RBob