PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2010 - Add-In Order or Activate Add-Ins via VBA?

JaTh
08-30-2011, 01:40 PM
My company has recently upgraded to Office 2010. We use 3 add-ins; iManage, which is a document management system that uses Outlook as a front end, a Barracuda spam filter, and Vipre for antivirus.

The probelm is, iManage's latest version doesn't always play well with other plugins. It will hang Outlook about 1 out of 3 times any other plugin is loaded with it, and you must re-enable the add-in to get the functionality back after this happens. My users do not appreciate this.

The answer seems to be no, but has anyone found a way to set up Outlook so that it loads add-ins in a certain order?

Alternatively, would it be do-able to set the add-in's registry to mode 9 (on demand) and then, once Outlook has loaded with iManage, activate the on demand add-in via button using VBA?

I know the best solution is "Call iManage and tell them to fix their crappy add-in" but that isn't going so smoothly, and I'd like a workaround for a while.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

JP2112
09-01-2011, 07:04 AM
My guess is no, there's no way to choose the order that addins load. Have you tried changing the addin's registry setting as you describe?