PDA

View Full Version : Can't find project or library

zagrijs
09-05-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm developing an application in Excel. The spreadsheet has to be used by different users on different computers. I distribute the latest version regularly to other users and haven't had any problems until today. Suddenly the Spreadsheet gives the error "Can't find project or library" when it is run on another computer than the one I'm using for development. I don't know the error. The Help screen provides steps to follow to recify the error a.o. referring to a "browse dialog box" that I don't even know where to find. Be it as it may it is simply impractical to go from one computer to the next to rectify the problem on every other computer it is used. It has to be correct when I copy it from one computer to the next or email it as an attachment to other users. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan Karel Pieterse
09-05-2011, 05:15 AM
On the offending computer, open your file, open the VBA editor and go to the menu: Tools, References. CHeck which one is marked "MISSING".
I bet that particular user is on an older Office version than yours?

zagrijs
09-05-2011, 06:10 AM
On the offending computer, open your file, open the VBA editor and go to the menu: Tools, References. CHeck which one is marked "MISSING".
I bet that particular user is on an older Office version than yours?

Thanks. It is in fact the other way round. My version is 2007 and theirs 2010. But I'm now on the track and I hop I will be able to sort it out.