PDA

View Full Version : How to list down open application in windows..?

sbabusel
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Hi -
Can some one please help with the code to list down all the open application in the window ?
Actually i'm trying to interface with on of my business application. I got the source code to extract the details from the application.

But don't know how to activate this from excel!!!!

Any support will be highly appreciated........:help

Regards,
Satish

Dave
09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
This might help... ' Module Name: ModSetForegroundWindow
' (c) 2005 Wayne Phillips (http://www.everythingaccess.com)
Good luck! Dave
Here's a better link... http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Bring-an-external-application-window-to-the-foreground

sbabusel
09-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi Dave - Thanking you so much for your help!!!!.
Now i need 1 more support from you as well. With your support. Now, i'm able to locate the IE page which i'm trying to navigate....:thumb

But this webpage as lot of frames in it and i'm trying to locate to the search frame...if you could help me with the code on help to check on the open frames within the particular web page will solve my problem....:help :help

Thanks again in advance

Sbabsuel

Dave
09-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry for the delayed responding. I don't understand your use of frames. The code in the link will loop through all of the windows/processes running on your pc. It won't navigate to a particular web page. Dave

sbabusel
09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Dave...
Sorry for confusing you...( I'm very new to Macro). Actually what i'm trying to do is to get the control of tab (IE Java Script) to extract details to my excel.

It is an application (Java Script) when i click the pirmary window it creates a tab and form there i need to extract the details...

Actually i'm able to detect the primary window but unable to detect the tab where i actually need to extract the details in the excel...

Please help me...i trying to get answer in googling for more than a month :doh:

Thanks in advance :bow:
Regards,
sbabusel