PDA

View Full Version : Solved: how to create a pie chart in ms access report?

slchslch
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Dear experts,
how can i create a pie chart within ms access report with some filtering parameters?
i have a form which let user select start date and end date..so how should i continue to complete this task?

thx!

xCav8r
07-04-2005, 09:14 PM
There are several ways to do this. Here's one I think is easy, provided that you know a little VBA. When the user hits okay from your form that gets the date parameters, open a report with the pie chart in it, pass the parameters to the report, and alter the SQL statement that is the row source for the pie chart. Alternatively, you could avoid the VBA by creating parameters in the query for the chart that read the fields on your form that provides the start date and end date. Yet another alternative would be to store the parameters in a table whose values would be used in the query for the row source of the pie chart.

xCav8r
08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Did this advice solve your problem?

slchslch
08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
o yeah..finally i solve the problem...by using the first method that u recommended...actually i have solve it earlier...just that i forgot to reply ...hehe....all the best ..again thx!:friends:

xCav8r
08-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks, I'm just trying to clean up the forum for future searches. :)