PDA

View Full Version : webquery macro for website with drop down menus

niggszo
09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
I am trying to write a web query through a secure website (cannot provide the log in data) "https://services.cuberoute.com/gcdp/html/home"
which enables me to get info from different agencies on different dates. But I am not able to find any Macro which can
1) get past the log in screen.
2) select a drop down menu for the agency I need
3) select a date from the calendar available and then download the table into excel

can someone provide me with a reference where I can find this ? I am using chrome and Internet Explorer.

tried multiple forumns and no answer on this..

mancubus
09-21-2011, 12:40 AM
hi.
check the links here.

http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250603&postcount=17

niggszo
09-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi mancubus,
thanks for your reply , partner of mine was on another forumn and explained the details of this issue as well.We need to access the drop down menus once logged in as this is a secure site which is what we are trying to do but the whole thing kind of got stalled somewhere..
can you make any headway on this?

Also this was posted on some other website by someone with the same issue but no head way was made.. please see link

excel.bigresource.com/Track/excel-tfSbVogJ

and messages

can you please help with this is if possible??
thanks

Originally Posted by sonny.thind
Hi leith,
Sir I am Sorry to bother you as I understand that you are very busy..Just wondering if you had a chance to look into the web query macro you were working on for me.
thanks for your help!
Hello Sonny,
The macro needs to trigger keyboard events for the options to be selected. Unfortunately, the option can not be selected by setting the value for the drop down because of the event being specified in the HTML code.
There is chance it can be done using Internet Explorer's FireEvent method. This is where I am stuck. I have no page I can access that has these events to test the code. It looks like the web page you included is a secure site for your company's use only. I will keep looking to find a public site that uses the keyboard events to test the code on.
hi Leith,
thanks again!
But Is there something that I can do to get you the information? .It's just that customer privacy is a very tricky proposition otherwise I could provide the access to you.
Hello Sonny,
If you know of a public site that uses a drop down and requires the use of the key down and key events then I am all ears. It is times like this I wish I could build my web pages.
Actually Leith would there be something that I could maybe ask our web developers itself that could help ease this ...I can try maybe.
Hello Sonny,
If your developers know Internet Explorer programming then it would be worth a shot.
don't know if they will oblige ..lots of Red tape but let me know if you can help out with this whenever..I really appreciate the effort..
Hello Sonny,
By the time you get through the red tape, I probably will have the answer. I will keep you updated on my progress.
This is my first time activating events in Internet Explorer. I have used other methods like click, setting the focus, and chosen options by setting the Select tag's value, but never an event like key up or key down. Yours is the first web page I have ever seen use these events.

mancubus
09-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi

actually i'm not an expert.

as mentioned in the conversation, support from your company's it professionals may help develop a solution to your problem.

your question seemed familiar to me and i just pointed the solutions that i made use of before.