PDA

View Full Version : VB Macro?

windley
10-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi, I have been told that a VB Macro may help me, i receive leads each day and I want to be able convert these to CSV but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

I have tried copying and pasting but it pastes vertically into one cell where by I would like to paste directly horizontally.

heading at the top and then each time I receive a lead I can copy and paste into the spreadsheet and obviously only the client details are populated not the headings again

can anyone explain to me how i can do this?

Regards and thank you so much for looking at my post

Bob Phillips
10-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Why have you posted a word doc? Can you post the output you want to see?

windley
10-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi, the reason I copied it to word is because the leads come into my email, and I wasn't sure how else I could show you.

see I told you i have no idea about this lol.

is there a way I can email you or can you please explain to me how to show you what I mean. I am on Skype if that helps

frank_m
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi windley (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/member.php?u=41722),

In what format do you receive the leads? Are they in an email? If so perhaps you could post a 'print screen' image of some sample data

Regardless of my question above, please copy paste two copies of the data into Excel.
One copy on sheet1 and another copy on sheet2.
Then manually rearrange the data on sheet2 to be as you need it.

That will save us time and guess work.

frank_m
10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
For me, the steps below avoids the improper horizontal and vertical positioning that you described, when pasting cells from an email to Excel.

For example, if there are 7 columns and 20 rows of data:
(1) I format (as text) 7 columns in an Excel sheet.
(2) Select all 7 columns, and 20 rows from the email.
(3) Copy to the clipboard
(4) In Excel, Select cells A1 thru G1
(5) Right click, choose paste special, paste as text