PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar

Sir Babydum GBE
07-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Blast! my dragon doesn't have wings! How the blazes is he expected to fly??? Or to look Welsh, for that matter.

Ken Puls
07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I was going to say, though, that it's a pretty cool avatar! Even if he isn't Welsh or winged! LOL!

Sir Babydum GBE
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Why, thank you!

MOS MASTER
07-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Why, thank you!
Perhaps he's still a infant dragon and still has to grow wings? (But doesn't he blaze that fire in a neat way?)

Give him time and one day he will fly and be a true Welsh man! :yes

sheeeng
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Blast! my dragon doesn't have wings! How the blazes is he expected to fly??? Or to look Welsh, for that matter.

This is the true look of Chinese Dragon found in Chinese Legends....:thumb It come without wings....So, it fly without wings...:rotlaugh:

It was written in ancient literature that these dragons is actually Kings of the Four Seas...(North, South, East, West Seas)..:rotlaugh:
Well, I don't believe the legend ...just to share the knowledge...:friends:

Maybe the dragon miss the way back to China and went to Wales in England...
:rotlaugh:

Ken Puls
07-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Maybe the dragon miss the way back to China and went to Wales in England...
:rotlaugh:

:rotlaugh: No wings OR sense of direction! LOL!

Sir Babydum GBE
07-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Maybe the dragon miss the way back to China and went to Wales in England...:rotlaugh:

Wales... in England?:motz2: :doh:

If you came to Wales and said that, you'd better be wearing protective clothing! :rofl:

Wales and England are in the United Kingdom sheeeng! Just though I'd share that knowledge with you :friends:

sheeeng
07-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Wales... in England?:motz2: :doh:

If you came to Wales and said that, you'd better be wearing protective clothing! :rofl:

Wales and England are in the United Kingdom sheeeng! Just though I'd share that knowledge with you :friends:

Sorry, :(

Never been to England or United Kingdom...
Sorry bout that...
Can you tell me the difference between them?
Thx. :friends:

Sir Babydum GBE
07-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Sheeeng, I was only joking, my friend. There is a bit of (usually) friendly banter between the English and the Welsh on the matter of national identity!

But, since you ask: The country we call the U.K. is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The capital city of Wales is Cardiff; Edinburgh is Scotland's capital, Belfast is Northern Ireland's city, and London (which is in the news today) is England's - and more importantly - is the Capital City of the UK. So in a nutshell - Wales is in the UK, but it is not in England - it borders England's west side.

A short geography lesson! But you know more about Britain than i know about Malasia!

Ciao!

excelliot
07-08-2005, 02:56 AM
May be because bcos yr dragon first learned to fire
it will have wungs only after it stops firing
b cos i thought that it is not multifuction dragon:dunno:(

sheeeng
07-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Sheeeng, I was only joking, my friend. There is a bit of (usually) friendly banter between the English and the Welsh on the matter of national identity!

But, since you ask: The country we call the U.K. is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The capital city of Wales is Cardiff; Edinburgh is Scotland's capital, Belfast is Northern Ireland's city, and London (which is in the news today) is England's - and more importantly - is the Capital City of the UK. So in a nutshell - Wales is in the UK, but it is not in England - it borders England's west side.

A short geography lesson! But you know more about Britain than i know about Malasia!

Ciao!

Thx for free geography lesson..:friends:

I'll compile a comprehensive geography lesson on Malaysia in return later....

sheeeng
07-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Malaysia make up of 13 states and 3 federal territory.

The 13 states (negeri-negeri, singular - negeri) Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Sarawak, Selangor, and Terengganu; and one federal territory (wilayah persekutuan)

The 3 federal territory is Kuala Lumpur (the capital of Malaysia) aka locally as "KL", Labuan, and Putrajaya(not capital of Malaysia yet, but is the Government Administrative Center).

I live between KL and Putrajaya...My school located somewhere in between also....

More information...

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/my.html

http://www.geographia.com/malaysia/

mdmackillop
07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Wales - Where Men Are Men & Sheep Are Worried

Sir Babydum GBE
07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Wales - Where Men Are Men & Sheep Are Worried

Now that's fighting talk where i come from...

(You're lucky I moved)

Zack Barresse
07-08-2005, 01:45 PM
LOL!!

Bob Phillips
07-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Well actually, the UK( or the United Kingdom) is a shortened form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great (or Greater) Britain is a political term for the three countries of England, Scotland and Wales, formed by the Act of Union of 1707, when the political incorporation of Scotland was completed (Welsh union having been ratified by acts of Parliament in 1536 and 1543). Great Britian does NOT include the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. As should be obvious, the term British refers to people of Great Britain, not of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom came into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey are not part of Great Britain, they are not part of the United Kingdom and they are not part of the European Union. They are self-governing British Crown dependencies.

And we haven't even started on Wessex yet.

MOS MASTER
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Wowie...who would have thought a simple dragon question could lead to such a interesting story! :yes

Well I do love history so please keep 'm comming? :whistle:

Sir Babydum GBE
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Well pardon me for not eating a history book for breakfast! :giggle

CND, you don't half crack me up sometimes. And Wessex? What about Essex - home of the blonde? Where does one stop?

Well actually, the UK( or the United Kingdom) is a shortened form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great (or Greater) Britain is a political term for the three countries of England, Scotland and Wales, formed by the Act of Union of 1707, when the political incorporation of Scotland was completed (Welsh union having been ratified by acts of Parliament in 1536 and 1543). Great Britian does NOT include the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. As should be obvious, the term British refers to people of Great Britain, not of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdombcame into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey are not part of Great Britain, they are not part of the United Kingdom and they are not part of the European Union. They are self-governing British Crown dependencies.

sheeeng
07-10-2005, 05:26 AM

The United Kingdom came into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Thx! I'll share wit you the history of Malaysia later....
Let me have the time to compile....

ps. history of Malaysia has relations wit British..:think:

Bob Phillips
07-10-2005, 12:57 PM
CND, you don't half crack me up sometimes. And Wessex? What about Essex - home of the blonde? Where does one stop?

Well pardon me DummyBabe! Is that where uour moniker comes from, the blondes of Essex? I have already shared ny anti-colonial views on Wessex with you, so you should be aware. If you ever stayed in one place long enough, you might get some roots.

Anyway you started it when you picked on poor Sheeng

Wales... in England?

If you came to Wales and said that, you'd better be wearing protective clothing!

As for where does one stop, they can cast Essex off from Great Britain anytime they want for me. In fact anywhere except Wessex, one way to get our independence.

Bob Phillips
07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
ps. history of Malaysia has relations wit British..

Yes, but not exactly glorious was it? We overstayed our welcome (if there ever was one), and exited less than graciously. Just like India, Kenya, Ireland, ... it goes on a bit.

BabyDum, would you like me to compile a potted history of the British Commonwealth, as you liked it so much?

Sir Babydum GBE
07-10-2005, 04:46 PM
If you ever stayed in one place long enough, you might get some roots.Come on XLD, how the blazes could I have achieved my international-man-of-mystery status if I stayed in one place? Some things just have to be sacrificed, ya know?!

Anyway you started it when you picked on poor SheengSheeng - this is a callous lie, I never picked on you. Mine was a genuine concern that should you find yourself in Wales or Wessex, and you were to make such a statement, than the brutes that tend to live in those locations (especially the latter) might set on you in a violent manner. My only thoughts were education for purposes of your protection.

As for where does one stop, they can cast Essex off from Great Britain anytime they want for me. In fact anywhere except Wessex, one way to get our independence.See that, all you Essexians? Wessexians are brutes, I tell you. BRUTES!!! (the Essex blonde was just a joke, honest. I love blondes.)