PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Sleeper: Using combo box in excel

martha555
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
hi:hi:
I want to create a combo box in excel, wherein I should be able to select from a list of values or enter a new value. The new value should then be saved and added to the list, so that I can use it for my next selection.Please help:help

excelliot
07-06-2005, 12:48 AM
I want to create a combo box in excel, wherein I should be able to select from a list of values or enter a new value. The new value should then be saved and added to the list, so that I can use it for my next selection.Please help:help
u can not enter new value in combo box u can only sel from given box
to add new one u have to add same to old list.
for that u have to make new macro for it

any macro help??????
:beerchug::help

martha555
07-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes, I would definitely like a macro help, if that is the only option.:dunno

Bob Phillips
07-06-2005, 02:15 AM

Martha,

This can be done, it all gets very complex depending upon the evnt chosen (I am assuming that you use a control toolbox combo). The way I do it is to have a textbox for new items, the entry is added there, then a button is clicked to update it to the combo. Simple,and explicit

Activesheet.Combobox1.AddItem AC tivesheet.Textbox.Text

The list cannot be populated using ListFillRange either, it will error if it is.

Another way is to use a worksheet range, update that list, then update the ListFillRange property.

sheeeng
07-06-2005, 02:40 AM

I'm wondering that before, but never have time to time about it....
Hope anyone here could help :friends:
Thx

excelliot
07-06-2005, 03:46 AM
any vba macro on it?????

excelliot
07-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Yes, I would definitely like a macro help, if that is the only option.:dunno

Just send me yr excel file

i'll try to figure out yr problems.:doh::cloud9:

martha555
07-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Dear excelliot,
Thanx for showing interest. I am sending my excel file, just have a look and let me know. I have created combo boxes using all three methods available in excel, but I am not able to enter new records into it. I would like to enter new records for both transporter's name and supplier's name.:thumb

macb
07-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi Martha:

First of all, all credits to this solution is goes to Mr. Dave Hawley of OzGrid.Com

Here is another way of doing it using Data Valiadation. See the attachment. There is a code behind Sheets Calculation event.

Good Luck

Regards

Mac

excelliot
07-07-2005, 02:22 AM
Is it done by mac b reply????

Justinlabenne
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
It appears solved over here:

MrExcel (http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=155192&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)