PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Lock the screen

excelliot
07-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Is it possible to lock the screen when i'm off my computer(only excel window)
so that no one can alter it?:motz2:

Steiner
07-06-2005, 02:02 AM
Your operation system should give you such an option to lock the whole computer. What should be the benefit of simply locking 1 single Excel instance? The user could always open a new one or shutdown the existing one as long as he has access to the computer and the operating system.

Daniel

sheeeng
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Your operation system should give you such an option to lock the whole computer. What should be the benefit of simply locking 1 single Excel instance? The user could always open a new one or shutdown the existing one as long as he has access to the computer and the operating system.

Daniel

Argee..!:thumb

johnske
07-06-2005, 02:53 AM
Is it possible to lock the screen when i'm off my computer(only excel window)
so that no one can alter it?:motz2:

Hi excelliot,

Try this kb entry (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=516) - there is a right-click menu option to lock instantly. (You can either delete the timer option if not wanted or just set the time to some ridiculously large value to effectively stop it cutting in)

Regards,
John

Sir Babydum GBE
07-06-2005, 02:55 AM
If you really need to lock it with excel in view, do a screen print of Excel, set that image as your wallpaper, then lock your computer.

excelliot
07-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Hi excelliot,

Try this kb entry (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=516) - there is a right-click menu option to lock instantly. (You can either delete the timer option if not wanted or just set the time to some ridiculously large value to effectively stop it cutting in)

Regards,
John

it closes whole ms - window and restarts comp
is it posiible not to close windows

johnske
07-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Just comment out this line

Action = ExitWindowsEx(EWX_LOGOFF, 0&)

But unless you have the workbook password protected, there's then nothing to stop someone else altering it

excelliot
07-06-2005, 04:52 AM
thanks let me try it

mdmackillop
08-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Is this solved?