PDA

View Full Version : How to create a Dynamic List on a Separate Worksheet

graphictees
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
How do I create a dynamic list on a separate worksheet? I have included an example of how I want it to look. There is a list of Employees, The offices where they work, and their titles. On a separate worksheet, I want it to dynamically create a list of each employee by the office that they work in minus those that have retired. I also want them listed on the second worksheet with the Manager first and everyone else alphabetically under the manager. I want it to look like an organizational chart. I did the sample manually to illustrate what I need. My original list has over 200 employees, so I definitely need a way to have this done automatically. I just created this one as an example. This is so frustrating!!

Excel 2003

Rob342
10-26-2011, 05:53 AM
graphictees

Might be able to help you if your still interested? you might have to change the way you are doing it at present.
Do you want a sample of creating a dynamic array for the data ?

Rob

graphictees
10-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes please help. I still need to know how to do this. Thank you.

Rob342
10-28-2011, 12:21 AM
graphictees

Sample back with Dynamic arrays created, look at defined names on MList tab then look at the formula. It is possible to combine the data into 1 column, But the formula gets very complicated!!!!!..

I have created a pivot table from the main data perhaps you can you use this to display if not , I'll look at the other part sometime over the weekend.

Rob