PDA

View Full Version : Foreign language

Asi
10-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Hi

I have a weird problem.
I have a file with a VBA module that contains messages that I wrote in Arabic. Those messages are poped fine in most environments that I tested. Of course in order to see those Arabic message, I defined the Language for Non-Unicode Programs (via Control Panel ) as Arabic Jordan.

Now I have those environments (Windows 7 enterprise SP1) that even when the Language for Non-Unicode Programs setting is set to Arabic, those characters are shown as ??????? or Gibbrish language.
When I look threw the 'Microsoft Visual Basic Editor' I can see the characters correctly (Arabic Chars). The fact That I see them correctly shows that the setting is good. However when the program runs and the message pops, I don't see Arabic. I see ?????.

Now the weird thing. If I replace the code with the same code that I copied from a different environment and pasted it in the problematic environment, then I run the program, all messages are fine (I can see Arabic). The Only thing that solves the problem is copy & paste of the same code exactly.

I have a few environments like this and it is hard form me to enter each one and replace the code manually.
Do you have an explanation and a better solution ?

Thanks a lot
Asi

Asi
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Hi
Is there a way to do it automatically ?
Meaning, when opening the file, it will automatically refresh the code.
In other words, I want to write a code in workbook_open event that will enter a specific VBA Module (or User Form code) and do the ctrl+A, ctrl+C, ctrl+V ?

Thanks
Asi