PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2010 funcres reference issue

jimathyart
10-26-2011, 06:24 PM
I have an excel 2003 workbook that is crashing in excel 2010. The workbook is crashing due to a reference to funcres created in vba. I do have the 'Analysis ToolPak' addin checked which is tied to funcres. Yet, I can't find funcres when I go to References under Tools when I'm in the Visual Basic editor. Is funcres automatically loaded or referenced under 2010? How can I make the excel file function in both excel?

Aussiebear
10-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Don't panic. Funcres is a Microsoft file and is "tied" (as you suggested) to the Analysis Toolpak addin. In updating to 2010, you may come across some "improvements" which won't work in 2010. Is it a vba code issue?

jimathyart
10-27-2011, 06:04 AM
I believe its related to vba. This is a very old workbook that morphed over the years to have 61 sheets. There is a reference that was created by going to Tools and References and checking funcres in 2003. The Analysis ToolPak needs to be checked in the addin. Under 2010 funcres does not appear in the reference window. The worksheet is crashing because of this reference. If I remove the reference the workbook won't crash in 2010. However, if I remove it I need to make sure that nothing breaks and that 2010 has properly called whatever function was tied into funcres.