PDA

View Full Version : Skill Matrix

dilipramadas
11-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi All,
I am trying to prepare a template for skill mapping. I believe in the concept of "Right man for the right job". I have based the template on the same concept.

I've attached a sample template of Skill Matrix.

The Main page is to map the skill set of each member in a given team. The task sheet will have a column where the job assigner or the manager has to enter the rating of skill level required for the job. Below is the table of skill level rating:

1 Learner
2 Capable with assistance
3 Intermediate
4 Competent
5 Expert

The purpose of the Tasks Sheet is to find a suitable worker from Main Page based on skill level entered in the Column B of Tasks Sheet. There should be a look up formula in C8 of the Tasks sheet, which should throw a name of the team member based on the column B skill level entered by the manager.

I’ve tried most of the options, basically everything I know in lookup. I’ve tried to find something from the internet also. I’ve seen close to 8 templates and read several articles that were of no use to me! All the templates I've checked has only skill mapping page but nothing what I want in particular. A few friends asked me to find a macro that can do this for me. But I wanted to keep it really simple.

Please help me finish this template. I’ve been working for a very long time on this. Any help on this would be great!

Regards,
Dilip :banghead: