PDA

View Full Version : Remove hundreds of empty rows

drew
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I am working in a workbook with a couple thousand rows and there are several hundred rows that are entirely blank/empty..

How can I select only those rows which are entirely empty and delete them?

(I will be using several sources as I research an answer, got to cover all bases if you are trying to solve a problem, so if you are a stackoverflow user or excelforum.com user, don't get upset, just choose the one you wish to reply to! Thanks! After all you're not really researching a problem if you aren't trying multiple sources..)

Simon Lloyd
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I am working in a workbook with a couple thousand rows and there are several hundred rows that are entirely blank/empty..

How can I select only those rows which are entirely empty and delete them?

(I will be using several sources as I research an answer, got to cover all bases if you are trying to solve a problem, so if you are a stackoverflow user or excelforum.com user, don't get upset, just choose the one you wish to reply to! Thanks! After all you're not really researching a problem if you aren't trying multiple sources..)
I'm afraid issuing a statement like that won't do!, we ask that you provide the links to all your other posts, read the cross post link in my signature for a better understanding :)

JP2112
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Multiposting is like calling five cab companies and going with whomever comes first. It's disrespectful to the people who volunteer their time on these boards, and the nerve of telling us to choose which board we want to reply on!