PDA

View Full Version : Looking up Records

sonicflash
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Before I get into the meat of my question I want to make sure it's even possible.

I have a log that is used to record when students arrive, leave and the total time they spent. One sheet is used for an entire semester.

Is it possible, through VBA, to have the user input the student's ID number in a form then have it display the total time to-date he/she has spent?

Also is it possible to cycle through each entry this student has and have certain information from the entry populate into text fields for review and editing?

I am very new at VBA and I think I would benefit most from an example workbook, if at all possible, so I can see the code in action.

Bob Phillips
11-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Short answer - yes, in both cases.

The first needs more detail on how the data is to be presented.

The second sounds like you want a form where you input the student id, and it throws up the first entry with all details editable, and next and previous buttons to scroll through, or a listbox itemising each (by some key), and seelecting hows the details.

An example is not so easy, we have no idea whta the data llooks like.

sonicflash
11-29-2011, 04:41 AM
It looks like you hit the head on the nail.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm wanting to do.

Here's how the sheet looks:

Each entry has information in the following labeled columns:

Check In Date, ID Number, Last Name, First Name, SPED, Teacher, Assignment, Time In, Time Out, Total Time

Using a form I would like to be able to find out how the total time a student has spent during the semester and then also using the form cycle through each entry for review and editing.

I have attached a copy of the worksheet.

Thank you for anything you can do. Everyone has been so helpful here in the past.

sonicflash
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Bump