PDA

View Full Version : Hidden game?

Minderis
12-04-2011, 05:11 AM
I got the job witch I do not want to do. Teacher said that if I will write a macro that determinate the Office version and find the hidden game, I will be able to not do the job.
Question: Does Office 2007 have hidden games and if so, how to write a macro, which determinate Office version and find the game?

Kenneth Hobs
12-04-2011, 06:31 AM
See the FAQ for why you should not ask homework questions.

I can help you in general though. In your code window in the VBE, or the Immediate Window, type your word to search and press F1 with the cursor in the word or near the word. Press F2 to browse help.

Hidden things in software applications are called Easter Eggs.

Minderis
12-04-2011, 08:59 AM
OK, version I determinate by MsgBox "Version" & APlication.Version
What about game - I find out in google that Microsoft dont include easter eggs in offcie versions later that 2000. Is it true?

Kenneth Hobs
12-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I can not tell you one way or the other. I can tell you that as an Engineer, I first look at the null hypothesis when I am solving a problem. There may have been a reason why the teacher asked about versions. These days, one needs to also consider the operating system and whether it is 32bit or 64bit and what Excel bit version was installed. You may want to ask for clarification. Is the hidden game in a specific file or the Application itself such as the case for Easter Eggs. You have to consider all scenarios when problem solving.