PDA

View Full Version : auto hide empty rows within a software program

jmann
12-20-2011, 04:34 AM
I found the solution to half of my problem through this forum. Please help me with the other half: I used some VB language in an Excel sheet to automatically hide empty rows. Something I wanted for over 15 years. The other half of my problem is that ‘m using the spread sheet in a software program that may or may not be tied into another spread sheet called the ‘transfer’ sheet. Both sheets, mainly the one that I am working on, is the one where I need help. I need the rows to automatically hide when they are empty within the software program. The Excel sheet shows up in the software program as ‘tabs’ where information is entered. From one spread sheet to another, I need the sheet that I used the VB in to automatically hide rows while shown as separate tabs within the software itself. Please let me know if I explained this okay or maybe I need to explain it better, THANKS!

mdmackillop
12-20-2011, 06:13 AM
If your software is unhiding hidden rows, I can't see how this can be changed. You could maybe consider passing a consolidated copy (no hidden/empty rows) to your software, with a key column to allow easy conversion between Normal and Consolidated copies.

jmann
12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Please tell me how to send just you a copy of the file since you seem to be the most helpful person and one who understands. Your email or private message here? Thanks. Happy Holidays

mdmackillop
12-22-2011, 05:01 PM
You can post your Excel file using Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced reply section

jmann
01-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Can you write a VB code that I can copy & paste as well as edit to tailor my work book. For example, if I had a drop down list that I created in sheet one, column b, rows 2 through 11, I would want anything that was entered from column b through h, rows 2 through 11 to automatically paste onto sheet 2. All that I can do. The question: Could you write a VB code and tell me step-by-step where to paste it so that if anything shows up in sheet 2 in any cells B2:H11, that it would automatically show up and if nothing was entered in the entire row of that group of cells then the entire row would be hidden? I am using this in a software program where the excel sheet is used to display and print. The excel sheet is never saved, only the file in the software program. Is that possible and can you do that for me? THANKS!