PDA

View Full Version : creating a Copy/paste macro from one sheet to another assigning buttons

NoIdea28
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM
<b>
So, I am in bit of a situation and I really need help. I have a worksheet with general demographic information that needs to be copied and paste with a macro and assigned to a button. I have been playing around with Excel and Vb and i got as fa as creating the macro and assigning it to the button but every time I add a new button to add a new set of information it keeps assigning the last macro to all the buttons. All the information is all over the sheet every time i click on the buttons. Please help any ray of light to the solution to y situation is very appreciated.

Thanks,
No Idea
</b>

Kenneth Hobs
01-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum!

When you inserted the button from the Developer tab's Insert option, you inserted a Form control button. As such, you will need to write a Sub in a Module and then Assign it by right clicking the button. For ActiveX control buttons, with the Developer tab open and Design Mode button selected, a doubleclick of the ActiveX control button will open the code window with that button's Change event Sub already created for you.

I prefer ActiveX controls myself.