PDA

View Full Version : Organizing People Using VBA / Excel?

bdl004
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Everybody,

I have been given the task of organizing around a hundred volunteers to complete around 90 different jobs, most of which are on different dates and times. All of these people have submitted an availability sheet giving times where they would be able to volunteer. I have been attempting to do this by hand with little success. My question is whether it would be possible using excel or simple VBA to automatically sort the volunteers in to jobs that fall on the same date and time that the person is available?

For example, I have column "A" giving names and columns "B" through "D" giving that person's available dates and times. I then have column "E" showing a type of job, and column "F" showing the time commitment. I would like to have the output showing the name of the person and the job they have been assigned.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could point me in the right direction!!

Brett

Bob Phillips
01-12-2012, 02:38 AM
I am sure some attempt could be made at it, even if it were not perfect.

However, it would be useful to get more detail, how the availability is shown, how the job dates are shown, etc.

Can you post an example workbook?

bdl004
01-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks very much for your reply. I have been thinking further about this problem however and I think that I am close to finding a workable solution manually and that reorganizing the info in a spreadsheet may take more time.

In any case, I appreciate the help!