PDA

View Full Version : Passwords part 2

Sir Babydum GBE
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi

So I have a lookup table on a hidden sheet with usernames and passwords.

On the user interface users get to select their names to access their sheets (if the enter the right passwords) how I do this is asked in "Passwords part 1"

But I also would like the users to have the option of changing their passwords (obviously provided they put in their own password correctly first). To prevent problems I would like the standard re-confirm box to appear to make sure they don't do any typos.

What's the best way around this?

Thx in advance

Bob Phillips
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
When they login, you capture their id and their password. Then you give them a form where they type the old password, and the new password twice (to confirm it). You can use the PasswordChar proerty to stop passwords displaying on the form. When all 3 are good, they have updated their password.

Sir Babydum GBE
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
When they login, you capture their id and their password. Then you give them a form where they type the old password, and the new password twice (to confirm it). You can use the PasswordChar proerty to stop passwords displaying on the form. When all 3 are good, they have updated their password.Thanks Bob

MD has incorporated much of "Passwords 2" in his response to "Passwords 1"

But I may break up the code to put separate forms on the user sheets as per your suggestion - not sure yet. Thx both for your help

BD

Bob Phillips
01-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah I did notice that BD. I didn't read that post until after I had responded.

At least we are consistent :).

Aussiebear
01-14-2012, 10:11 PM
At least we are consistent :).

Both feeling cold.....? :devil2:

Bob Phillips
01-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Cold, don't be silly. It's barmy up here in the Tropic of Wessex.