PDA

View Full Version : Selection criteria

uqh65q
01-14-2012, 03:59 AM
In a boy’s club I have the following excel database.
I have added a priority field and would like to select from the highest priority for example Frost must attend the ‘Doctor’ which is priority 1, if his ‘Doctor’appointment is cancelled then priority 2 ‘Test’ would become the highest priority and if that were cancelled then priority 3 ‘Dentist’ would take its place and so on. However if the ‘Doctor’ subsequently became available then this would again become priority 1.
I hope this is understandable and that someone out there canhelp

Bob Phillips
01-14-2012, 09:04 AM
You explained the rules, but not you want to happen to flag up the rule behaviour. Do you want a table of people/area or what?

Simon Lloyd
01-14-2012, 09:30 AM
How would you determine the hirarchy for priority?
Doctor
Dentist
Gym
....etc
Who would have priority over who and how would you signify that?, if doctor and dentist were not available and the next criteria is test what should happen if both dentist and doctor became available?

Your table doesn't give any structure to your description, once you work out exactly what the rules should be and when they should be implemented i think it will result in a rethink of your table.

uqh65q
01-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Apologies xld, basically the requirement is to print a list filtered on Priority 1 on a Monday. Frost for example his Priority 1 activity is Fitness Test but if this was cancelled his Priority 2 which is Theory would then become Priority 1 and his current Priority 3 Extraction would become Priority 2 and so on.
I hope I have made myself a little clearer!!!!