PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with equations

fakap
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I need to write a lot of equations in a word document, and since I'm new to VBA, I've tried googling for a macro that could help me, but with no success. The closest solution would be running a VBA routine which inserts the equations in a text form, and then simply selecting the text, clicking the equation button (MS 2010) and selecting proffesional form. Works good and is fast, but the trouble is the equations need to be specifically formatted (font: times new roman or arial, variables:italic, subscript/superscript:non-italic) and it cant change style, the only font available is Cambria math :banghead:
I've tried recording a macro of inserting an equation using equation editor 3 and Mathtype (which can change styles), but it only opens the equation editor, don't know hot to actually input equations via VBA.

So can anybody write me a macro which inserts an equation, for example (x^3+y_107)/z into a document in a professional form (without brackets, fraction form, ^for superscript, _ for subscript) using equation editor 3 or mathtype.

Thank you for your help :beerchug:

fakap
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Can nobody help me?