PDA

View Full Version : How to generate a brand-new outline numbering list.

Capungo
01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello there,

I am Turkish. Unfortunately, the default outline numbering list in Word's Turkish versions contains only the English characters. But in formal papers, we have to add the Turkish characters such as ç,ğ,ı,ş,ö,ü manually. From then on, the automation magic is dead.

Please somebody explain me how to generate a brand numbering list with any symbol or character I'd like and add it to the list library?

I have to use Word 2003 at work. I can understand the VBA codes at Excel but I cannot say I am good at Word...

Capungo
02-14-2012, 08:33 AM
After a lot of research, I have found out that, only in Word 2010, wdlistnumberstylelowercaseturkish and wdlistnumberstyleuppercaseturkish objects are added. Hence it seems to be impossible in the previous versions...

But for Word 2010, It's solved...

Talis
02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Try Word Help:
"Modify bulleted or numbered list format"

Capungo
02-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you Talis. But I don't think you've got what I said. I am not talking about formatting (changing the appearence of the hard-coded) list numbers. I want to create a totally new list with different elements such as :

a.
b.
c.
ç.
d.
e.
f.
g.
ğ.
ı.
i.
and so on...

You may not see some of the characters above properly because they are the private letters in the Turkish alphabet and might not be identified by your Windows...

Thanks again.