PDA

View Full Version : deleting hidden rows or columns that have no data in a specified cell.

Rlb53
02-06-2012, 03:09 AM
I have a workbook that acquires information in the rows("1:4") 16 columns wide from responses entered in Userforms.

Because each column may not recieve a response with every data entry, I am pasting the information in a secondary worksheet with a command to hide the blank columns for ease of viewing the information.

I would like to record the information in yet a 3rd worksheet for ease of reporting, but when I copy the rows, it carries the hidden columns with the selection.

I'd like to be able to copy only the columns that have data in the 3rd row.

I've tried entering variables that would delete rows if they were hidden, also tried to delete rows if their corresponding range in the 3rd row = 0.

No doubt... I've got a hiccup in the formatting of the commands.

Could you possibly assist ?

Thank you in advance !

Rlb53
02-06-2012, 03:11 AM
I have a workbook that acquires information in the rows("1:4") 16 columns wide from responses entered in Userforms.

Because each column may not recieve a response with every data entry, I am pasting the information in a secondary worksheet with a command to hide the blank columns for ease of viewing the information.

I would like to record the information in yet a 3rd worksheet for ease of reporting, but when I copy the rows, it carries the hidden columns with the selection.

I'd like to be able to copy only the columns that have data in the 3rd row.

I've tried entering variables that would delete COLUMNS if they were hidden, also tried to delete COLUMNS if their corresponding range in the 3rd row = 0.

No doubt... I've got a hiccup in the formatting of the commands.

Could you possibly assist ?

Thank you in advance !

(it's been a long weekend... I got my rows and columns mixed up)

Bob Phillips
02-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Post the workbook with what you have to date.