PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Content Control Questions (Word 2007)

Ice-Tea-Jan
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Locking down some text using the developer tab (either not allowing any deletion, or allowing a full deletion) is very useful for my current project because this lockdown “rides” in the document itself. However, I have a few questions/issues that I hope somebody could assist me with.

Is there a way to lock this content control WITH A PASSWORD? I know most end-users won’t bother to unlock this; however given a strict legality – I am looking for “harder” lockdown.
Is there a way to use this content lock – YET –allow tracked changes (or even perhaps comments) to overlay it? (I know it is illogical to lock text and at the same time, ask to place revision marks – but this was requested.)Unfortunately I can’t seem to make use of some other Word options. . .

I can’t protect the ~entire~ document for tracked changes because I just need ONE PARAGRAPH protected.
If I were to use continuous section breaks to encase this paragraph, and then protect for forms, it locks in the current template, and disallows any other template action (dims the template function) –which is too restrictive because we will need to add a global template later on in the process.
I can’t solve it this with a macro (even if it was attached to the document instead of a template) because our renderer will not accept a macro-enabled document.
Placing a macro in a template would not work because the end-users often unwittingly disconnect from the attached template.I know that the XML aspect of Word 2007 gives added flexibility, and ask if there is anything else I can research to solve this?

Thanking you,
Janet