PDA

View Full Version : How to automatically removes spaces, commas, and delimiters using vb code?

wedd
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi experts,

Is it possible to automatically removes spaces, commas, and delimiters using visual basic code when data from a txt files, csv.files etc has been imported?
Once that is done I will like to devise a system for importing and reconfiguring the data automatically or semi-automatically (people running macros for example). Can this be done, if so how? Would you have any examples of code, strategies you may worked on in a similar project or websites? I am a beginner/intermediate user of visual basic, so the sources or information you display to me will be very useful...:friends:

Thanks for your contributions :friends:

HiTechCoach
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
If you are doing this within Access then you can use Visual Basic for Applicaitons (VBA).

The TransferText Method (http://www.hitechcoach.com/index.php?view=weblink&catid=103%3Aaccess-vba-importing-and-exporting&id=530%3Atransfertext-method&option=com_weblinks&Itemid=23) will automatically what you need.

wedd
02-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Thank you, HiTechCoach!

wedd
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi HiTechCoach, I assume that this routine could be linked on a cmd button, so when the user clicks on the button this procedure would run?

HiTechCoach
02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Hi HiTechCoach, I assume that this routine could be linked on a cmd button, so when the user clicks on the button this procedure would run?

Yes, you can do that with a command button.