PDA

View Full Version : backing up your macros?

next
02-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I have approximately 30 modules on my PC, how should I back them up?
Do you just do an export for each one into .bas files? I have one macro saved like that, that I shared with a coworker, and she has to import it into excel every time she needs to run it. How do you permanently import a script?

Thanks.

Bob Phillips
02-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Export the files as .bas is probably the best way, but you could just save the workbooks.

Paul_Hossler
02-17-2012, 03:54 PM
I like to use Rob Bovey's code cleaner.

I has the option to export all the modules and user forms in a workbook at once as .bas, etc. files to a seperate folder

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

COM Add-In - The VBA Code Cleaner is now implemented as a COM add-in. This significantly improves the speed and stability of the program.
Export Code Files - This feature allows you to export all the code files from a project to the directory you specify without the need to perform a project cleaning.
Import Code Files - This feature allows you to import all code files from a specified directory into the project you select.
Automation - All features of the code cleaner are exposed to VBA through COM automation so you can create your own applications using the code cleaner as a component.
Help File and Source Code - A dramatically improved help file is included with this version along with the complete VB6 source code used to create the add-in.

Paul

Bob Phillips
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Good point Paul, I have recommended that myself in the past, but had completely forgotten it :)