PDA

View Full Version : How to automatically update dates of reports using vba on a button

wedd
02-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Hi experts, I have an interesting problem, I have daily reports I receive everyday, of which I create a query to search on the dates when each report was finished. However, I think their could be an even faster way to find which reports were done on particular dates; as well as automatically updating and replacing old reports with new report templates on the same project with the use of a vba procedure, were the user will click on a button and the routine will automatically perform this task. How to automatically update dates of reports using vba on a command button, were all the user has to do is click the "update" button and the procedure as mentioned before is automatically performed is something I would really find interesting to know. Can this be done? If, so do you know of any sources; such as websites, books, or even personal experiences were you may have had to do to a similar task on a project?

I am a beginner/intermediate user of vba, so the knowledge you share with me will be a great learning curve...

Thanks for your contributions :friends:

Norie
02-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Change the dates to what?

wedd
02-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Hi Norie, to automatically change the date on the date I checked the reports, rather than type the current date; which can be repetitive and mundane. I hope that is much clear.

Norie
02-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by 'check' the reports?

Do you mean change the criteria of the report?

If you do isn't that more complicated that entering the date?

If all you want to use is the current date in the report as criteria just use Date().