PDA

View Full Version : Access restriction

fatalcore
02-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi,
I have a problem and I can't think about anything how to achieve it.
I have a "Restriction" sheet, which contains data of file and restriction, The point is if I have worked on File A - I can't work on File 1, File 2 and File 3.
If I have worked on File B - I cannot work on File 4, File 5 and File 6 etc.

I have another sheet called Workflow, where I intend to insert the files I have worked.

I have another sheet called Validity, where basically I want to run the test.

Here I insert the name of the file and click the button, then if there is a restriction as per "Restriction Sheet" Then It will be flagged else there will be a message that there is no problem and the data will be saved in the "Workflow" sheet with the date.

I am attaching a sheet for example.

Thanks in advance.

fatalcore
02-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi,
I just edited the data a little bit to make it more flexible.
The point is if in the "Restriction Sheet" >> If I work on files on Column B I simply should not work on Column C.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Bob Phillips
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Where is the data that says which files you have already worked on?

fatalcore
02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi xld, Thanks for replying,
Well, Presently I don't have any data, I will start filling up the data in sheet "Validity", Then hit the button, If there is any restriction, It will disclose the file names on which the restriction apply.

If there is no restriction it will prompt no restriction and save the data in the Second sheet. I have redesigned the sheet to be more meaningful.

Sheet Validity >> Here I insert the date and the file name.
Sheet Data>> Here the files are saved if there is no restrictions.
Sheet Restriction>> Here is the mapping files. If I work on files on Column B I simply should not work on Column C.

I have also explained in details in the temple I prepared and attached below. You can change as per your choice and make it better if possible.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

fatalcore
02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi,
I have filled in the data, updated with steps I want and reduced the scope. I will be highly thankful if somebody could help me out.
All I want is a VBA code that can fill the fields from "Column C to Column F" based on the input "Column A and Column B" in the sheet "Data".
Thanks in advance.