PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Make table on data

farrukh
02-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi All,

I have attached a word file in which i need to make a table on data currently the lines are draw like table but i need to make it a table then ill call the tables from excel vba? any excel macro if done will be very great for me?

Thanks
farrukh

macropod
02-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Cross-posted at: http://www.excelforum.com/word-programming/815852-change-lines-of-word-data-to-tables.html
For cross-posting etiquette, please read: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184

macropod
02-23-2012, 01:15 AM
I've had a look at your document. To put it politely, it's a dog's breakfast.

The 'table' on the first page consists of a multi-column Section with column breaks to delineate where each 'table' column starts and ends, with paragraph breaks used to align the 'rows'.

The 'tables' on the last page appear to be just that - embedded in frames.

With something as messed up as this, it'd probably be just as easy to re-type the document or, if you're converting a lot of documents, converting them to PDF, then copying the content back into a new Word document from there, so that the data are at least laid out in a format that is amenable to table conversion.

farrukh
03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much for reply n really sorry for cross post (:

Actually this word is converted from PDF to get data to word ... problem i have when i directly convert this to excel all the values parameters come in one column and the data is mixed up so i tried to convert it to word ? any idea what i do ?

Thanks

macropod
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Actually this word is converted from PDF to get data to wordIn that case, your PDF converter is doing strange things. You might get better results with a different one. You might even get better results by reading the data into Excel directly from the PDF. You would need to have a product like Adobe Acrobat Pro (not the reader) installed to do that, though. As it is, the data in your Word file are not in a structure that facilitates extraction; indeed, it works against it.

farrukh
03-05-2012, 07:29 AM
macropod,

Thank you very much acrobat pro giving the better result then other software.

Thanks
farrukh