PDA

View Full Version : ADODB update stops working with a tired database

JimmyTheHand
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Hello, and sorry for neglecting this forum so long.

I've got a problem with a program in Excel 2007 which does some database handling. The databases are a separate xlsx files, and the program makes connection through ADODB. The program does querying and updating, has a form for data modification, etc., and it is (or was) working fine for several weeks.

Now, all of a sudden, the update SQL operation stopped working. I did a step-by step debugging, but have found nothing at all. Each command is executed smoothly, values of the variables in the 'Locals' window are fine, no errors whatsoever, the update is successfully finished, but when I open the database (xlsx) as a workbook, the new data is just not there.

However, if I open the database as a workbook, save it without any change in the data, then close it, the program works fine again, and the update operation puts the new data into the database.

Looks like the database get's 'tired' or something...??? :dunno:think:
Can anyone shed some light on this phenomenon? Is it a Microsoft surprise, again?

I don't want to upload the program file because it has sensitive data, and also the code is way to complex to do any good. And it (usually) works, and I'm quite sure this is not a bug in my code.

Thanks,
Jimmy

JimmyTheHand
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Bump?