PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Update multiple sheet

machunt
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Hello Forum,
This is my first post.
I have a problem and was wondering if this could be possible using excel.
I have a folder on my network drive month wise containing various excel files, some are 10 some 12 and some even around 40.

I have a file ( called Rate ), which I update manually on the beginning of every month. What I want is some thing Macro or VBA button that will simply update all the numbers and percentage ( which is present in my rate workbook ) to a specific month. For example Jan.
The common part is that a sheet called "PI Rate" is present im my desktop file (called Rate) as well as in all the files in the folders in the network. I want this sheet to be updated only without disturbing any other sheet.
Is it possible.
Thanking you.
Mac

georgiboy
02-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Hi there, welcome to the forum. I just answered a question like this here http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41091 you may be able to get what you need from the same code.

machunt
02-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Hello Georgiboy, I am now copy pasting the code you provided in these buttons. This works wonder. Thanks.

Is it possible that the code be modified a bit so that the code directly pulls the destination folder [example : B8 for January ] ,
Also it will be a great help if the number of files modified be placed in the C8 and a status message be displayed on D8 after the code is executed.

You can just modify the code for the first button only I will edit the rest of the buttons.

Thangs again.

georgiboy
02-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Like this?

machunt
02-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi georgiboy,
Yes Sir, that is exactly what I want. Thanks a ton for all your help and guidance. God bless you.
Best regards,
Mac