PDA

View Full Version : Excel VBA Form Help

kunchu
02-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Hi All,

I am resubmitting this query as i had earlier posted it in wrong category i think! :(

I have made a simple user form in excel which captures travellers request. It captures details like travelling date, travller name etc.. and then records them to the excel worksheet. I wanted to add/modify to this user forms:

1) Assign an automatic id to the column A (preferrably in "DD-MM-new number" format).
2) Create a text box and its associated button to feed any particular id (created using above logic) from the worksheet and recall its associated data to the user form. so that I could do modifications to it and record a new entry in the worksheet.
3) create a text box and a button to find travel data for the traveller whose name is fed into the text box and reflect the result into a new worksheet. This means any travel details present in the main worksheet needs to be captured and put into a new sheet everytime the find button is clicked.

Would request support in generating code for the above, from you guys. I am new to excel and any help (even with my logic above) would be really helpfull.

Thanks u guys..

Regards
Kunchu

Norie
02-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Kunchu

Do you have a userform?

kunchu
02-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Norie,

Yes, I have a userform. I made that with the intention of capturing all my company employees travel requirement before sending this to our travel agent, everytime.

The form currently has text boxes, radio buttions and drop down combo boxes. It only captures the data and records them to the worksheet. but I wanted to add the above mentioned features to it.

Please do advise how to go about it!

Tx

kunchu