PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Locked Out of Workbook... Aaaargh...

Rlb53
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I can't help but laugh... but I did it to myself... What can I say ?

Here's the scoop.

I'm working with multiple userforms. Each one calling the next. Being a "Smart Guy"... (or so I thought) I was going to set it up really cool for the other users.

I set up the "Auto_Open" Macro to bring up the first Userform. Nice, Full Screen Backdrop with a cool Pic' in the background and none of the conventional squares and rectangles with Color Highlights !

Man.. I was on a roll.. Felt good about the work.. the numbers were crunching correctly... but.. I Blew It !

I had the Query Close Command setup on the Userform so that the "Close" would not work in the upper right hand corner.

Now I'm Locked Out Since the Userform opens automatically !

Do Any of you know how I can get passed this Auto-Open or Query Close Command so I can get back into my work ?

It's been a Long Night already and I was trying to get this done for tomorrow.... Sheesh.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL !!!

If Nothing Else.. I've learned a Lesson !

Thanks !

av8tordude
02-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Have you tried Ctrl + Break. If that doesn't work, you may need to hard close via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Rlb53
02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU !!!!

I can Breathe Again !!

av8tordude
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
You're welcome :-)

mdmackillop
03-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Holding down Shift when you open a workbook sprevents any "auto" macros from running.

av8tordude
03-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Unless you disabled that function. I use that feature on some of my restricted spreadsheet

mdmackillop
03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Where do you disable it?

av8tordude
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
various places...
i.e. Workbook open, some userforms, etc