PDA

View Full Version : Button on slide

riniheijnen
03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I have a powerpoint presentation with 1 slide. On this slide there is an embedded excel worksheet. I want to give the user the opportinity to adjust 1 or more cells in the embedded worksheet. To pause the macro and give this opportinuty I was thinking about adding a button on the slide. When the button is clicked the macro can continue or another macro can be called. Does anybody knows how to place a button on the slide and how the corresponding looks like.
Thanks for all sugestions.

mooseman
03-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Under the Developer menu there is a command button. Select it and the draw it on your slide. Right click on it to view code and write the code you want when the button is clicked.
I'd write you some code, but I'm not sure what you want to do.

1) Are you pausing a running macro?
2) To change cells in an embedded object you need to activate that object.

riniheijnen
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for responding.
I will try as you suggest but don't know if it is going to work.
I am trying to pause the macro where I copy the excelsheet into the powerpointslide because I want to give the user a possibilty to adjust some of the cells in the embedded worksheet. When he is finished adjusting he has to click the button to continue the macro or to start a different macro where the user is able to export the powerpointslide into a JPG-picture.
I hope I made myself clear.

John Wilson
03-02-2012, 01:27 AM
The best solution would be to have the macro pop up a userform where the user can adjust setting before continuing.

riniheijnen
03-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Dear John,

Thanks for responding to my post.

The problem I am facing is that I am not familiar in programming vba in powerpoint so I would be very please if ou can sent me an example of popping up a userform with a commandbutton on it.

Hope to hear from you.....

riniheijnen
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
You're welcome.

I'm glad this post has been helpful for you.

Regards,

Rini

delete123
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
in office ppt 2010 :

at the top left you will see an arrow.. click it... then More Commands... in the left vertical bar whivh is named ( choose commands from ) select the Developer Tab... and there you will find an option called Button... double click it.. then OK... you will see it ready in the top left corner whenever you wanted to use it..

cruise
05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
wrongly entered