PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with macros

Dakamama
03-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I am trying to create a macro which will insert or delete a row in a worksheet with the same characteristics as the contents of the row before, and then automatically update any worksheets linked to the first one! Does anyone have a solution, please?:doh:

Aussiebear
03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I am trying to create a macro which will insert or delete a row in a worksheet with the same characteristics as the contents of the row before, and then automatically update any worksheets linked to the first one! Does anyone have a solution, please?:doh:

Insert or Delete a row? and, is the match to be based on a particular column value or the whole row?

Dakamama
03-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Aussiebear.

Basically, I'm trying to design a budgeting template which has the following numbered logframe:
Goal
1 Objective
1.1 Strategy
1.1.1 Main Activity
1.1.1.1 Subactivity
2 Objective
2.1 Strategy
2.1.1 Main Activity
2.1.1.1 Subactivity

and so on, depending on how many objectives are required by the user. It is not possible to predetermine how many objectives, strategies, main activities and subactivities each objctive would have, so I have been considering automating the function of inserting a row for each additional objective, strategy, main activity and subactivity (after defining the first ones) which automatically insert the next activity number in the sequence and also insert a similar row in the right place in the related costing worksheet. Deleting a row would also have a similar effect on the related worksheet.

Aussiebear
03-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Then my advice to is this, please attach a sample workbook by selecting Go Advanced, scroll down to Manage Attachments and follow the prompts from there. Make sure that the workbook has a before and after examples, and clearly define what triggers a row insert or deletion.