PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Code to lookup values from sheet and automatically enter in another

dazwm
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
On sheet 1 I would like to enter a number/text into column A. The code would then look for that number anywhere on sheet 3 and put the adjacent data in the 2 cells next to it in columns B & C. Please see example. Thanks.

I enter the number below into column A

Sheet1

*ABC9ABC123**

It looks for the same that could be anywhere on sheet 3

sheet3

*EFG290ABC123TESTDATA

After lookup from sheet 3 it adds the data that is coloured yellow in columns B & C automatically

Sheet1

*ABC9ABC123TESTDATA

Bob Phillips
03-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Did you read your own strapline ... To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook ...

dazwm
03-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Did you read your own strapline ... To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook ...

I had a lot of problems posting last night, the site was running really slow etc..

Does Excel Jeanie not work on here?

Bob Phillips
03-14-2012, 03:02 AM
I have no idea whether Excel Jeanie works here, I never use it. As I understand that is to embed Excel data in the web page. VBAX allows posting of workbooks, so just do that.

dazwm
03-14-2012, 03:05 AM
I have no idea whether Excel Jeanie works here, I never use it. As I understand that is to embed Excel data in the web page. VBAX allows posting of workbooks, so just do that.

Ok cheers mate.