PDA

View Full Version : Change image when different cell is selected

Panda
03-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi All,

I have a list of equipment detailed within column a srating from row 20 in excel. What I am trying to do is, whenever a user hovers the mouse over a particular type of equipment listed in column a,the picture of it appears in column B1, then when the user hovers over another bit of euipment from the list an image of it is shown in column b1.

I have tried entering the image as a comment but the list is so long that the user ends up scrolling up and down just to get the image to fit on screen.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Panda

Kenneth Hobs
03-15-2012, 06:07 AM
We would need more details to help. e.g. Is the image in the workbook or a folder?

Why would you want it to show if B1 if the hover part could be below viewing of B1? It would be best to show it in column B of the same row where it is triggered by a hover in column A. You may still have scroll issues depending on how far the user scrolled and size of the pic. There are lots of things to consider here.

A short example file is the best way to help you.

Panda
03-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks for getting back to me, attached is an example of what I am trying to achieve.

All of the images are stored on a newtwork drive, but they have to be 'embedded' into the file as the file is going to be sent to people who do not work within the company I work for.

Esstentially when the user hovers their move over 'Tool 1' an image of tool 1 will display on the top right of the screen, and likewise this would be the case when tool 2 is hovered hover, with a picture of tool 2 being displayed.

Thanks again for your help =:)