PDA

View Full Version : Formatting ActiveX controls

counterrojo
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Hello,

I have been trying to apply Fill Effects to ActiveX text boxes in word 2010. It works great while I am in design mode. Once I click out of design mode the fill effects disappear. I have been googling for the last hour and can not figure out why this happens. Does anybody know how to make the formatting stick with ActiveX controls?

Thank you,

Michael

Paul_Hossler
03-19-2012, 12:44 PM
For ActiveX TB's I've only ever used the Properties sheet (right below [Design Mode])

Not as many options as with a non-ActiveX TB

Paul

counterrojo
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
If you right click on the control in design mode, it will allow you select format control. Once I exit out of design mode it looks like just a grey text. box.

Thanks

counterrojo
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Paul,

How did you insert the image. I was trying to insert one and kept getting a message too short error when I tried.

Thanks,

Michael

Paul_Hossler
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
If you right click on the control in design mode, it will allow you select format control. Once I exit out of design mode it looks like just a grey text. box.

1. Yes, but that seems to be only for non-ActiveX textboxes, AFAIK

2. Save to disc and then attach it like a file (at least that's what I do). You probably have to [Go Advanced] to get the fill attachment paperclip. The Insert image icon (Mountain + Sun) only seems to use a URL.

I'm really not an expert (or even very experienced) with the fine points

Paul