PDA

View Full Version : How to programatically access the thumbprint of the signature of a Macro

jmbill2
03-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Is there anyway to programatically access a Macro object's properties and get the details/information of the signature of the Macro e.g. the thumbprint of the signature?

fumei
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
The signature of the macro?? There is a password for the VBProject. But that is a password, and not an image file (which I assume is what you mean by thumbprint).

You can certainly access object properties programatically. However, there s no signature of a macro itself. Are you talking about commercial signed projects (e.g. with VersaSign)?

I have no idea what you mean by thumbprint.

jmbill2
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks for looking at that. Sorry, I mean the Digital Signature of the Macro / VBA Project under the Tools option in Word 2010 Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window ( to open that need to show Developer tab and click on Visual Basic button). The thumbprint is a property of the Certificate. Please refer to the attached screenshots.

fumei
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I do not know of a way, but there may be a way someone knows. I have to say that I really HOPE there is no way. It seems to me there would be a serious security hole if there is. Not to say that there is not some way, but it would be a major breech in my mind.