PDA

View Full Version : Collation of error.

machunt
04-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Hi,
I have a collated report of more than thousand sheets with various error reports.
On every Coulumn C there are the description. But I want to collate on a single sheet called "Error Report" with the entire rows where the Column C contains "Error Noted" on any sheets except three pages mentioned below. The report should be generated from A5.

In column A it should contain the sheet name then the record will be followed from column B.So that I know from where the record in coming.Preferably if it is hyperlinked.

Other than this I have three other sheets called [ Rest Sample, Peer Sample, Shared Sample ] where the code should not run as they contain other data.

Thanks for all your help.
Mac

p45cal
04-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Can you post the code you have written so far?

Your message reads more like an order/specification.
You can get people to write code for you at sites such as:
elance.com
peopleperhour.com
freelancer.com
getafreelancer.biz

machunt
04-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi p45cal,
Thanks for your reply.
I am extremely sorry for not explaining in details and my communication. It is just that I am not able to express my words properly.This is not an order or specification. This is basically a daily report I am trying to collate to easily identify the failed tests that ran in the test lab last day. So as to locate quickly to re run those particular test today.
I have created two files explaining the raw data as Book1 and what I am thinking as Book2.
Presently, as there are not many tests is each sheets, i manually do an eyeball scan to see if there is any failed tests and note it down to a separate file as a result I am missing lots of records.
It will be a great help if somebody can please help me out.
Thanks in advance.
mac

machunt
04-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Any help buddies...
Mac

mallycat
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I suggest you format the data as a table (INSERT\TABLE) and the filter on column C so that only the reports in error are visible.

does this work for you?

machunt
04-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks mallycat, but that doesn't help....As I have more than 100 test's result everyday.
Thanks mac.

mallycat
04-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Ok, now I am confused. Each day, how many sheets are produced, and how many records in each sheet?

machunt
04-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Let me explain the process.
At the end of the day the samples which are tested are recorded manually in each sheet, from each testing unit.which is around 120-140.
Now in each sheet there are around 5-14 testing samples

Then the next day the tests which failed yesterday are retested early in the morning, and then the next batch is tested.

So I was wondering if it is possible to get a report which will basically tell me which tests failed yesterday and the sheet name which is basically the testing Unit.

That's all,
Thanks in advance,
mac.

mallycat
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
What you are asking is hard, because of what you are starting with. I strongly suggest you change your approach.

1. Set up one only spreadsheet that has ALL of your test results.
2. Add a fourth column to your new single sheet that describes the information that is currently on each page (eg Level3 - Cap etc).
3. Convert the data to a table as I suggested a few posts ago.
4. Use the filters in the table to show the data you want to see.

This way you can filter on the "type" of test (ie what you currently have on different sheets), date for all tests, tests that pass or fail, or any combination of the above. You can also use a pivot table to do trend reporting.

machunt
04-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Mally,
Thanks for your suggestion, just one doubt, If I collate all the records in one sheet that is around 100+ sheets, then add a column to insert the sheet name manually and then run the filter to find out the records, will solve the problem.

I think there is no solution to my problem, I have to do it manually.

Still thanks for your help at least you tried to help me out, and a special thanks to p45cal.

Please mark this thread as closed.

mac