PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Autofilling select sells

Klartigue
04-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Please see the attached document. I would like to take the quantity for each block allocation, so for example the quantity in cell R4, and copy that into Q4 and then drag that down for all the allocations under that block, so in this case that quantity would only be dragged to Q5.

I would like to do this for each block and the set of allocations that follow each block. So as another example, take the quantity in R18, copy it into Q18, and also autofill that number down for all the allocations below that block, so copy that number down to cell Q32.

Any ideas?

Bob Phillips
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Why only Q5? Why is R18 next? Why only Q32?

Klartigue
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Because in Column A, as you can see there are cells that say "Block" and there are cells that say "allocation".

Each block is paired with the allocations below it. So Row 4 and Row 5 are all one trade. Row 6 and row 7 are one trade. Row 8 and row 9 are one trade, row 10 to row 17 are all one trade..etc..

So each block represents all of the allocations below it.

So for each block, and its set of allocations below, I would like to copy over the total block quantity and copy that down for all the allocations that correspond to the block.

The way it works is a block represents the total trade so say 1,000,000. The allocations are how the trades are allocated by account so the 1,000,000 may be broken down into 5 different pieces, hence the allocations below the block. The allocation quanitites add up to the block quantity. But somewhere i need to have the total trade quantity listed for each allocation so I can tell what % that allocation is out of the total trade quantity. it goes further than that though so i need the format to be the that the total block quantities are listed in column Q for each allocation for that block .

Bob Phillips
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Try

=IF(A4="Block",R4,Q3)

Klartigue
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
But the allocations for each block are always going to differ, so I think I would need to make it a little more general?

So is there a way to say if in column A, the word is "block", then copy cell R* and paste it in Q* and copy that for all the allocations below but stop before one row above the next "block" in column A?

Bob Phillips
04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Did you try it?

Klartigue
04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Your right, that works great!! Thanks soo much!