PDA

View Full Version : compare mulitple columns and the status in another column based on the the criteria

sindhuja
04-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello...

I need assistance with my below requirement.

I have an excel with >70000 lines. I need to compare the values based on the below criteria.

1) for each ID (column C) i need check for the expenses (column z) and the total amount (column AA) . If the expense type is only X and the amount of that expense matches with the total entered in that ID then it is pass in column AC and the amount to be paid in column AD.

2) for each ID, if the expense type is either X or Y provided the value <1000 then the amount (X+Y) should match with total amount. If matches then it is pass in column AC and the amount to be paid in column AD.

3) for each ID, if the expense type of X,Y,Z and Y<1000, the amount that can be paid is only (x+y) and do not pay expense Z. the amount should be accordingly in column AD and in column AC it should indicate as partial.

4) for each ID, if the expense type is other than X or Y then it is Fail

Can this be done using macros because am spending of time in this and will be more more helpful if this can be automated.

-Sindhuja

Tinbendr
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Could you supply a sample sheet of what you have, and what you expect for each instance, and in what order, if applicable.

sindhuja
04-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Attached is the sample sheet. Pls do the needful